Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Speed Painting Session 3

Well, Chatree surprised me with quite the challenge with this one, this particular painting session was quite fun, and I learned quite a lot of things I need to pay more attention to when I start... I was just so gung ho about doing this one that I didn't pay attention to where I was placing the elements, rather, I was just flinging the brush where ever throwing down the base colors as shown in the first 20 min image. During the break and reviewing it thats when I realized my error, and most of the 2nd round I worked to correct the placements, however, I messed up the tower a bit, Although it can easily be fixed with more time on it.

1 HR.

40 Min.

20 Min.

1 comment:

CrystalMMO said...

This looked like a tough reference. Good job on correcting the placement. That's also something I need to work on, particularly when figure drawing. I start getting too panicked knowing I only have a couple minutes to draw!

I'm starting to use Corel as well. I think I may try speed-painting like you're doing. It would be a great opportunity to play with the different brushes and settings.